We invite 20-minute (plus 10-minute discussion) presentation proposals on the following general and/or specific topics:
• At the crossroads between functionalist, cognitivist and/or constructionist approaches.
• Division of labor of lexical semantics and constructional semantics.
• Role of metaphor and metonymy and other cognitive operations in meaning construction and grammar.
• Relationship between semantics, pragmatics and discourse in meaning construction and/or meaning representation.
• Cognitive modeling and construal.
• Pragmatic inferencing.
Papers that pay special attention to the treatment of these topics within the Lexical Constructional Model (LCM) and FunGramKB are particularly welcome.
LCM and FunGramKB specific topics
• Meaning construction and meaning representation in the LCM.
• Methodological tools in the LCM (e.g. equipollence).
• Syntactic representation in the LCM.
• The form of lexical and constructional templates in the LCM.
• Connections between the LCM and FunGramKB.
• Lexico-grammatical knowledge in FunGramKB.
• Terminology in FunGramKB.
• Conceptual representation in FunGramKB.
• Reasoning in FunGramKB.
• NLP applications of FunGramKB.
PLENARY SPEAKERS [in alphabetical order]
• Guadalupe Aguado de Cea
• Francisco Gonzálvez-García
• María Auxiliadora Martín Díaz
• Alfonso Ureña López
Guidelines for submissions
Submissions should include the following information:
1. Author’s name
3. E-mail address
4. Paper title
5. An abstract with a maximum of 500 words, excluding references
The official language of the conference is English. All paper proposals are assumed to represent original and unpublished work.
Email for abstract submission: email@example.com
Abstract submission deadline: April 30, 2015
Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2015
Registration deadline: May 31, 2015
Conference dates: July 1, 2 and 3, 2015